The Iowa State Fair is right around the corner (27 days, 4 hours, and 50 minutes from RIGHT NOW, to be exact) and in preparation of this fun-filled event, they have released the list of food-on-a-stick that will be available at the 2010 fair. Here's just a sampling (full list here):
■Frozen s’more on-a-stick
■Chocolate-covered key lime round on-a-stick
■Pickle on-a-stick (mmm...)
■Pork chop on-a-stick
■Corn dog
■Cheese on-a-stick
■Turkey drumstick
■Fried pickle on-a-stick (oh, even better!)
■Monkey Tails (chocolate covered banana on-a-stick)
■Deep fried Snickers bar on-a-stick
■Fudge Puppy (waffle drenched in chocolate syrup and topped with whipped cream) (yes, please!)
■Chili Dog on-a-stick
■Potato Lollipop (4 thick slices of russet potato deep fried and on-a-stick with dipping sauces) (where do I sign up??!?)
■Pineapple on-a-stick (Fresh pineapple dipped in funnel cake batter and deep fried) (nothing makes fresh fruit better than the words "batter" and "fried")
Oh my goodness, I think I have to start a paper chain countdown today. This is a pregnant woman's dream (minus the August heat and Iowa humidity - a small price to pay for food on a stick!). I will probably end up looking like one of Lawrence's State Fair Bingo Card answers (ask him if you don't know what I'm talking about), but that's okay. You only live once, and the state fair only comes but once a year. Let the lines begin!
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Does the turkey drumstick count as a food on a stick? I would like to see the turkey drumstick on a stick. Also, do they have fried coke? I heard that was really good!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya! :o)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait!!
Also, too funny on the state fair bingo card!
ReplyDelete