Thursday, July 7, 2011

50 and 50

As their website states "the 50 and 50 project, curated by Dan Cassaro, attempts to construct a handsome new way of looking at the United States. Fifty designers, one per state, have illustrated their state motto: a kind of designer's atlas." They just unveiled all 50 state designs, and although Iowa's isn't at the top of my list, design-wise, I still like it enough to want to call a copy my very own and the concept is just plain cool.


Maybe we can get a few different ones from various states we have lived in. Colorado's print isn't bad:
And South Dakota's, although having a decidedly cheesy motto ("Under God the people rule"?!? What year was this created in, 1992?!? I feel like the author had to have tightrolled jeans on when they came up with that one! Or perhaps it would be better suited for the Rocky Mountain high state? Hmmm....), has a nice simple look:


All I have to say is, thank god I don't have any affiliation with New Jersey (as if I haven't thought that enough through the years):
You can also get this beauty (and the others, to be fair) on stretched canvas. Wrong on so many levels.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool project! Although I can't believe NJ's is what it is. Too bad b/c there are some truly beautiful and charming places in NJ. Indiana's is so-so. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete