Thursday, October 22, 2009

Splish, splash, WTF?!?

Um, it's 10:45pm and Lawrence and I just discovered 2 inches of water in our basement. It's like a long-winded Groundhog's Day at this point. Am I right? Do you remember LC's blog months ago about the flooded basement? Full circle, folks, that's what this is. It's a full circle sort of day. Actually, before we even discovered the water it was already a two bottle of wine sort of night. Now we're on to three and I just don't think it's going to help anymore. Thank goodness I have a cute pair of golashes- I might just want to walk off the roof otherwise.


I quit. If you could see me, you'd see I was waving my little white flag in surrender. While standing in a basement-sized puddle. In cute golashes. I QUIT.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! That sounds AWFUL! Now you should just pray for it to get cold enough to freeze over and you'll have your very own basement ice rink! Charge the neighborhood kiddies $2 to skate on it and put it toward the WBF (wet basement fund).

    Hope you're staying dry and warm (and gosh, those galoshes ARE super cute!)

    xox L

    ReplyDelete